The New Pope

Well, he knows more about iPhones than I did, until I saw this, ...


Werner Herzog on what cinematic experience had the most dramatic effect on his life: 25 seconds ... it was one which told him something about himself.


David Lynch on his favourite Herzog film:


So I looked it up:


And lo, it told me something about myself!



... which is? Well, it told me who I am, and more than that, it told me what is my purpose in life, my raison d'etre, if you will; which is to be the one who will change the economics of cinema, once and for all, so that never, ever again, will anyone make a movie for an audience of just one man!


See The Name of the Game:
 › I'm not so sure that bumming a ride on the gravy train was such a good idea after all. With Miss Penelope holding the stick, and a dead roadrunner working the Egyptian brake pedal ...


But my dear, we have a problem. The conversation I was just asked to overhear was a scene just like this:



I have an idea. Ruy just offered to arrange for me to give a "live talk". He seemed to think it should be about Brexit. But let's make it about reading instead. Creative Reading, I mean. And maybe we can convince one of my daughters to join in and give me hand, because, well, ... Because I am tired of being alone. See David Lynch on Being an Artist.


The location where that final scene was filmed was Cherokee in North Carolina:


Love Will Tear us Apart. This song reminds me of boarding school.


Here's a piece about Joy Division and their last album Closer, recorded a few months before Ian Curtis, the lead singer, committed suicide.


See Rupert Sheldrake on Curios Collective Phenomena.

I should confess here that I have seen only one Werner Herzog film. It was the one about angels in Berlin. I didn't understand it, and didn't really enjoy watching it. I feel much the same way about early Joy Division music. I thought it was depressing and I still think that. Music to commit suicide to!


That said, did anyone comment on the Indians wandering around in the background of the final scene? See Mississippi John Hurt and Some Sage Advice from US Officials.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stefan Molyneux on Resource Based Economy

Sabine Hossenfelder - Lost in Math

Nikola Tesla and the End of The World