Putin Says Sanctions Made Russians Use Their Brains

Hopefully the collapse of the global economy will make them use their brains a lot harder!


We gotta reap from some seed that's been sown, ... See Resource Based Economy and Lev Pontryagin.


See I'm Still Looking for A Job and for more on the biggest single one-day percentage drop since 1987, see Economy Still Tanking. And what got us out of that one? Yes, the Internet! See Interesting Piece on IBM's Reversal of Fortune in the 90's.

And can somebody please tell me why the Google gboard keyboard app is such a fucking load of shit? I only use it because I need a cut/copy stack with more than one entry in it at a time. Why do I have to use a different keyboard app? Why aren't edit buffers a separate set of apps? Who designed this fucking crappy framework?

To be able to do anything well, you only need to love the people for whom you do that thing. And it's not that this only makes you better at doing that thing. It's that without it, you can't do that thing at all, because you will only end up doing something else which you had no intention of doing.


That is the answer to the interview question I was asked when I applied to Norwich Union Building Society for a job as a programmer. They asked me whether I was people or task oriented, and I just couldn't answer. Of course I wanted to say "both", but that wasn't an option on the table. That was a big IBM site, so that's how I lost my chance to learn how to program a real computer. Too bad huh?

Part of your job as an employee of any corporation ought to be making that corporation the kind of company a really, really good CEO would want to work for. Google and IBM should make that part of their mission.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stefan Molyneux on Resource Based Economy

Sabine Hossenfelder - Lost in Math

Nikola Tesla and the End of The World